Text message marketing has been around for a couple of years now but it seems that only the top businesses are using it. I have been conducting some research on text message marketing to see why more businesses are not using it and have come to the conclusion that businesses think that it is too expensive or they think that it is too hard to utilize.
Here are some statistics that every business needs to know when it comes to using mobile marketing. In the United States alone there are more than 219 million cell phone users. Out of all these users 80% of them keep their cell phone with them all the time and 97% of all text messages being sent are read. Imagine being able to reach your customers at anytime during the day, week, month, or year.
There are many platforms that are available for companies and individuals to use when it comes to using mobile marketing. You should do your research to see which platform is right for your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing what your business will potentially need.
1. Budget: Set aside how much you are willing to spend each month on advertising costs.
2. Campaigns: Some providers will allow you to use more than one key word for your customers to sign up with. Some providers will also allow you to change your key word as well. Keep in mind you might want more than one campaign because some of your customers will only be interested in specific needs. It is better to target your customers to their individual needs because you will have a much higher conversion rate.
3. Quantity: How many text messages will you need to send out on a monthly basis? This will greatly affect the price of your monthly plan. You should try to map out how you are going to send out messages. Think how you can promote your products or services and come up with an average number per month. This can be anything from weekly deals, upcoming events, to a spontaneous text, to reminders, or anything else you can think of.
4. Customer/ Quality of Service: Quality of service is vital you want to make sure that you have a provider that will not be interrupted for any long periods of time. This goes hand in hand with customer service. You should be to reach someone that can answer your questions when they will arise.
5. Carriers: Last and certainly not least you will want to make sure the company you choose for your text message marketing needs will be able to support all major carriers. Be sure to verify what carrier they do provide for.
It is crucial that you use text message marketing for your business or personal needs. It will keep you one step above the competition. I hope this article has helped you realize the potential of mobile marketing strategies.
Author: Christopher Jagodka http://www.exceedmobilemarketing.com/.